debian package browser

Erich Schubert erich@debian.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:16:08 +0100

Hi,

> I click on User interface.
> Ok? An email client is an application and a user interface, right?

User interface is a special tag. It was intended to be displayed
unfolded in the navigation menu. i.e. you really should choose a user
interface you want.

> - IP Networking
> and nothing fits (I don't want to limit to GTK interfaces, sorry).

Feel free to write a different client. The perl client i wrote sucks
anyway. But more important than the clients is the data behind it.
The problems you described are mostly due to bad tag descriptions (you
read "has a graphical userinterface" while it means "differentiate by
graphical user interface"), bad tag names and bad tagging of packages.

We really need a Tag task force.

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
   erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
    Go away or i'll replace you with a very small shell script.     //\