debian package browser

Hervé Eychenne rv@eychenne.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:31:35 +0100

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 03:16:08PM +0100, Erich Schubert wrote:

> Hi,

> > I click on User interface.
> > Ok? An email client is an application and a user interface, right?

> User interface is a special tag. It was intended to be displayed
> unfolded in the navigation menu. i.e. you really should choose a user
> interface you want.

I don't get what you mean... ("unfolded", "should choose a user
interface you want")

> > - IP Networking
> > and nothing fits (I don't want to limit to GTK interfaces, sorry).

> Feel free to write a different client.

I have not really the time to do that, that's why I hoped that you
could do it better and faster than me by improving your existing
code...

> The perl client i wrote sucks anyway. But more important than the
> clients is the data behind it.
> The problems you described are mostly due to bad tag descriptions (you
> read "has a graphical userinterface" while it means "differentiate by
> graphical user interface"),

I'm really sorry, I still do not get it (I can assure you there is no
unwillingness from me). What do you mean by 'differentiate by'?

> bad tag names and bad tagging of packages.

I don't think the naming is so bad... I think it is what most people
would expect, and it's simple to use. When you have a ui (user
interface) tag associated to a package, people expect the package to
contain a program that is a user interface, and that's all.

> We really need a Tag task force.

Oh yes, we agree on that.

 Herve

--