Tags proposal

Erich Schubert erich@vitavonni.de
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:10:17 +0100

Hi,

> Sorry if I can't actively participate in the discussion but I'm so busy
> with my thesis.

Me too, i'm totally overloaded.

I like your idea of just merging the tagsets very much.
But to obtain a useful UI we'll need to merge tags on a per-tag level.
Like going aptitude::gnome -> gnome and debram::gnome -> gnome.

Also we really need a rewritten webgui, and i don't have the time to do
so... IMHO the webgui is the most important thing right now, as this is
the easiest thing to try and to contribute with...

Note that your proposal of mergin tags doesn't solve the issue of
designing a proper tag hierarchy, IMHO.

Gru=C3=9F,
Erich Schubert
--=20
   erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
          There are only 10 types of people in the world:           //\
          Those who understand binary and those who don't           V_/_
            Es lohnt sich nicht, die Augen aufzumachen,
                   wenn der Kopf im Sand steckt.