Debtags and Debram (Was: Re: New debtags suite just uploaded)

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 17:41:06 +0000

Enrico wrote,

> As our faceted orizons expand, I can see lots
> of new facets popping up and opening the new
> problem of having too many facets to keep
> track of, making interfaces insane again.
> This is already starting to happen.

You raise a valid concern ...

> One idea would be to introduce a new level in
> the facet selection tree to organize the
> facets themselves; another idea would be to
> first ask the user what facets are relevant to
> him/her and then hide the others.
>
> For now my idea is to just do as if it weren't
> a problem and then tackle the problem when we
> can see it clearly.

... but your analysis seems sound.  I tend to
share your feeling that it may be too soon to
fix this particular problem wisely.  We should
first see clearly, then aim steadily, and then
shoot straight---in that order.  (There's
another army analogy, sergeant.)  That's how our
battalion will hit the right target.

> World domination!!

Precisely.