Where to send tag patches?

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Fri, 21 May 2004 21:26:42 -0300

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 05:29:03PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> How much feedback should the user get? Should we handle errors, or
> should the submitter recieve them? Should he get a list of packages that
> he modified? Or just a "thanks for your contribution"?
> The destination address is debtags-submit@vitavonni.de

I'd suggest a report on how the input went, like:

  The tag patch you sent on xxx, received on xxx has been processed
  successfully.

  Thanks for your contribution.

  The Central Debtags Archive

Or:

  The tag patch you sent on xxx, received on xxx has not been processed
  because of xxx.  You should try xxx./You should report xxx.

  Thanks for your contribution.

  The Central Debtags Archive

A feedback mail would serve both as a confirmation that the work has
been considered and as a deterrent for multiple sends (you play too much
with the send button, you receive a lot of mail :) .

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 05:56:06PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> > The destination address is debtags-submit@vitavonni.de
> You can now submit debtag diff files to this address by attaching them
> to a email as mime (or hopefully uuencoded, too) and adding
> "-- DEBTAGS DIFF V0.1 --" to the first line.
> I just added a tag to a package this way. ;-)

I've sent the first test mails with the categorization I did so far.
How did it go?

If everything is ok, and if the messages are parsed automatically
witout your intervention, I'll go on and upload the send-enabled
debtags-edit.

If there have been errors or you need to parse messages by hand please
tell me, as this interface tends to make it simple to push the
submit button and I could try changing it a bit.  (however, I think it's
not a bad idea to have submissions to be a simple thing, and the program
is quite neat that way!)

Ciao,

Enrico

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ