[Debburn-devel] Please remove more of Schilling's crap

Joerg Jaspert joerg at ganneff.de
Wed Oct 4 17:48:50 UTC 2006

On 10797 March 1977, Albert Cahalan wrote:

>> Before you ask: We are waiting for an answer from Joerg Schilling to get
>> a clarification of the validity of such statements in the context of the
>> GPL. It is his decission, not ours. And not yours.
> Possible answers from Joerg:
> a. "valid"
> b. "not valid"
> c. no clear answer at all (most likely by far)
> End result: it's still your decision no matter what he
> says or does not say.

The thing people miss here is that this applies to a work where JS is
the copyright holder for nearly everything (cdrecord/libschily). So he
is free to set the license terms to what he wants.

What we try to clarify is if he set it to GPL or "GPL+JS additions". In
the latter its a JPL-thing. We dont hope that.

--
bye Joerg
It seems to me that the account creation step could be fully automated: