[Debburn-devel] Please remove more of Schilling's crap

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 17:04:37 UTC 2006

On 10/3/06, Eduard Bloch <edi at gmx.de> wrote:
> * Nathanael Nerode [Tue, Oct 03 2006, 04:30:03PM]:

> > Delete this piece of crap.
>
> If you mention the file, do you not read it before? Eg. the "not allowed
> because of quality assurance" thing there.
>
> Before you ask: We are waiting for an answer from Joerg Schilling to get
> a clarification of the validity of such statements in the context of the
> GPL. It is his decission, not ours. And not yours.

Possible answers from Joerg:

a. "valid"
b. "not valid"
c. no clear answer at all (most likely by far)

End result: it's still your decision no matter what he
says or does not say.

Well I guess the ultimate decision may go to the Debian
FTP/SVN admins, project leader, developer vote, etc.
It may be that this project just gets chucked. It's not free,
and in some places might even be a GPL violation.