[Debburn-devel] License of cdrkit - GPLv2 + additional restrictions

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Sep 15 21:53:03 UTC 2006

Eduard Bloch <edi at gmx.de> wrote:
> I would like to ask you to give us some days to find a peacefull
> solution without starting another flamewar. But, hey, you already did it
> by Cc'ing debian-legal and so attracting the trolls ASAP. Very
> diplomatic. NOT.

If the above troll of debian-legal by calling its readers trolls succeeds
in starting a flamewar, then it was merely a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Not very diplomatic either.

FWIW, I think this merits further investigation: banning certain responses
from the program seems a strange thing to do and may be a restriction that
prevents licensing under the GPL.  How many days do debburn-devel estimate
it could take?

Thanks,
--
MJR/slef