[Debburn-devel] Re: wodim -msinfo returns 0, 0 for first DVD session

Mike Cornelison mikecorn at arcor.de
Tue Apr 10 06:55:28 UTC 2007

Thanks for your help. I am satisfied with growisofs, but for a few
weaknesses, e.g. software must wait a few seconds after growisofs
finishes before trying to mount the drive, or retry the mount with delays.

wodim -abort is the only way I have found so far to reset a DVD drive
left in a hung-up condition because of some error. Lib function
ioctl("/dev/dvd",CDROMRESET) seems to do nothing in this case. I must be
missing basic information about how to do stuff with CD/DVD drives but I
don't know where to look.