[Debburn-devel] Re: wodim -msinfo returns 0, 0 for first DVD session

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Mon Apr 9 19:35:56 UTC 2007

#include <hallo.h>
* Eduard Bloch [Mon, Apr 09 2007, 01:10:50PM]:

> If you need real multisession, go for DVD-RW which can work in
> restricted-overwrite mode but also in in CD-like sequential mode.

Sorry, I was mistaken. AFAICS creating additional sessions does not work
with DVD-RW and wodim either, nor with growisofs or cdrecord. I suggest
staying with DVD+RW and growisofs, unless we add similar features to
cdrkit.

Actually we need generic support to start writting at any position on
DVD+RW, and some code or maybe just a wrapper application for
genisoimage and wodim (or maybe cdrskin) to adapt the isofs header.

Currently I do not feel much motivation to do that either, growisofs is
a great and mature tool.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<Salz> pwAIn: normalerweise kannst du das dist-upgrade durch ctrl-c abbrechen
<pwAIn> hm... ctrl-c hoert sich kompliziert an... ich glaub ich wart lieber...