[Debburn-devel] Bug? in cdrkit 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

L.S. McCarty lsmccarty at rogers.com
Wed Apr 18 18:17:04 UTC 2007

I have never posted bug information before but I haven't seen anything
about this so I thought I would bring it to your attention.

More info can be seen in the SIDUX Software Forum under "k3b unable to
burn files over 2 Gb"

In essence several people have been unable to burn DVDs with files
greater than 2GB after upgrading to cdrkit 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.  This
capability is restored after downgrading to version 1.1.2.

The error message reads something like:

found files bigger than 2 Gb etc.
enabling UDF extension
mkisofs returned unknown error (code 1)
operation not permitted
please send me e-mail etc.
error while creating iso image

My machine is running SIDUX (ie. Debian sid) with all current updates
using K3b as the burning frontend.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

LSM

--
SENT BY: Lynn Scott McCarty
	 Markham, ON, Canada