[Debburn-devel] Bug? in cdrkit 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Mon Apr 23 15:01:09 UTC 2007

#include <hallo.h>
* L.S. McCarty [Wed, Apr 18 2007, 02:17:04PM]:
> I have never posted bug information before but I haven't seen anything
> about this so I thought I would bring it to your attention.
>
> More info can be seen in the SIDUX Software Forum under "k3b unable to
> burn files over 2 Gb"
>
> In essence several people have been unable to burn DVDs with files
> greater than 2GB after upgrading to cdrkit 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.  This
> capability is restored after downgrading to version 1.1.2.

It was restored in 1.5.1. There was some confusion about whether iso9660
does store the size as uint32_t. Apparently it does, and we shall retain
some compatibility to mkisofs for now.

> The error message reads something like:
>
> found files bigger than 2 Gb etc.

Read this "etc.". Word by word. It tells you how to work around the
problem.

Eduard.
--
<nib-nico> Bild: Release von Linux 2.6 an globaler Erderwaermung Schuld!
	Tausende heizen ihre Rechner auf!