[Debburn-devel] icedax year and genre

Mark Aardsma mark at atsacoustics.com
Fri Aug 31 19:44:19 UTC 2007

Hello All,

First off thanks to those who maintain cdrkit, I appreciate those who
contribute to open source projects.

I am using icedax with a gui frontend I am building. To begin with
icedax is pulling CDDB info to be displayed by my frontend. I wanted
to have the CDDB year and genre available to my frontend but I could
not find an option to have icedax display that. I believe it does put
that info in the .info files but I am using icedax in a pipe and I
felt it cleaner (or maybe lazier) to get all the info I needed
without generating and reading those files.

I downloaded the cdrkit source, made a small modification to provide
this info on the titles output, and compiled it. All good, it works.

So my questions: 1) Did I miss an obvious better way to get this
info? 2) If not, can I suggest this feature and/or submit a patch or
code snippet to the project?

Thanks,

Mark