[Debburn-devel] No executable permissions when mounting UDF Image

David Buck dbuck at novell.com
Sun Jul 8 02:27:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

I run openSUSE 10.2 x86 and I use mkisofs frequently for mastering DVDs.  The version of cdr kit that comes standard with this distribution is cdrkit.1.0pre5-6.  This was before mkisofs changed to genisoimage.

My problem is this:

When I create an ISO I usually use something like this command with these options (I need them all for what I do):

genisoimage -f -pad -r -udf -joliet-long -graft-points -iso-level 4 -publisher "My place" -p "Me" -sysid "Linux" -V volumelabel -o myiso.iso /base_dir/ other_dir=/somewhere/other_dir

When mounting the resulting ISO as UDF, all the executable bits for the files are unset (directories do have it set, of course).  Every file is r--.  If I mount ISO9660, then the Rock Ridge extensions kick in and the files have all the correct permissions.

I decided to download builds galore of both cdrkit and the current non-cdrkit mkisofs.

The later builds of mkisofs (somewhere between 2.01.01a16 - a21) have this problem fixed, but then -graft-points are broken for directories (since 2.01.01a14 - a16; the files are just put in the root of the image, this is still current with 2.01.01a29)

The most recent build of cdrkit 1.1.6 does the same thing - no executable bits when mounting UDF.

Is there another option I am missing somewhere that will solve this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,