[Debburn-devel] NEC 1300a - problems with CD burning

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 12 19:13:03 UTC 2007

I have an 1300a that I have had problems in the past with burning CDRs and
CDRWs, but which has always burned DVDs and erased CD-RWs without problems.
I am using k3b in Fedora 7 now, which uses the cdrkit tools. Previously
I was using Redhat's version of cdrecord.

When I was using cdrecord, burns would time out after sending the cue sheet.
but sometimes after erasing some CDs, burns would start working. Once they
were working, they would continue to work until I rebooted the machine.
The couple of times I have tried it with cdrkit via k3b, the burns did not
time out in a reasonable amount of time and cancelling out of k3b would
leave the drive locked up until the machine was rebooted.

Is this problem something that is likely to ever get fixed? Is there some
diagnostic information I can collect to help?