[Debburn-devel] libburn/libburnia (round 2)

Mario Danic mario at libburnia-project.org
Fri Jun 29 15:09:07 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 15:40 +0100, Simon Huggins wrote:
> Hiya Mario,

Hey,
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 04:27:25PM +0200, Mario Danic wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 12:52 +0100, Simon Huggins wrote:
> > Hello Simon,
> > > I'm only really interested in it as xfburn (an xfce add-on) depends on
> > > it but it'd be good for our users if we could sort out the situation
> > > with it in Debian.
> > I do hope that xfburn development picks up in the near future.
>
> Upstream or in Debian?  We have plans for xfburn in Debian but need
> libburn fixed.
Upstream ofcourse.

> I think a bigger audience for xfburn (and libburn) can only help
> everything here.
Agreed, but to my knowledge xfburn isn't really usable yet?
I do however hope Jean-François will have more time for it soon.

> > > Ubuntu generate cdrskin from the libburn sources and that's what
> > > I've proposed before to George Danchev and Eduard Bloch.  George
> > > said he was willing to maintain it with some help and sponsorship.
> > > There is libisofs that would need to be uploaded too.
> > I would be willing to maintain it, and that shouldn't be a problem.
> > Given that, I'm the libburn/libisofs source packages maintainer in
> > Ubuntu.
>
> Ok, though it'd be good if you agreed to take George under your wing too
> and to maintain it in a team based way somewhere?
Here's the thing ...

Everything in Debian with regards to cd-recording should and will be
team maintained. That's actually part of the pending discussion.

> Ahhh, ok.  Is there anything concrete yet?  Is it worth creating a
> project for it this weekend?
Not really. I was waiting for Ganneff and Sledge to be over with
their debconf commitments. So I'd suggest against creating a project
for now.

> Ok.  Well if you have pointers to the discussions or more information
> let us know.
I wrote some information about team-based maintaining above.
The proposal that Ganneff and Sledge have got needs to be refined, but
after some discussion with them, and some changes to it I
believe it could be posted to the list.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Mario