[Debburn-devel] libburn/libburnia (round 2)

George Danchev danchev at spnet.net
Fri Jun 29 18:44:21 UTC 2007

On Friday 29 June 2007, Mario Danic wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 15:40 +0100, Simon Huggins wrote:
> > Hiya Mario,
>
> Hey,

Hello everyone,

and sorry for being so late...

--cut--

> > > I would be willing to maintain it, and that shouldn't be a problem.
> > > Given that, I'm the libburn/libisofs source packages maintainer in
> > > Ubuntu.
> >
> > Ok, though it'd be good if you agreed to take George under your wing too
> > and to maintain it in a team based way somewhere?

cdrskin for Debian is team-maintained by me and Eduard Bloch at:

svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/deb-maint/cdrskin

more/new {co-}maintainers are of course welcome, given that Eduard is too busy
lately, as he said before a month or so.

> Here's the thing ...
>
> Everything in Debian with regards to cd-recording should and will be
> team maintained. That's actually part of the pending discussion.
>
> > Ahhh, ok.  Is there anything concrete yet?  Is it worth creating a
> > project for it this weekend?
>
> Not really. I was waiting for Ganneff and Sledge to be over with
> their debconf commitments. So I'd suggest against creating a project
> for now.
>
> > Ok.  Well if you have pointers to the discussions or more information
> > let us know.
>
> I wrote some information about team-based maintaining above.
> The proposal that Ganneff and Sledge have got needs to be refined, but
> after some discussion with them, and some changes to it I
> believe it could be posted to the list.
>
> If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

You mean Blade ( Eduard Bloch ) by typing Sladge, right ?

So, what we are supposed to know about that discussion ? Are there any
decisions made or directions being given ?

Hm, I guess we should ask Ganneff first about the posibility to replace
existing libburn binary and source packages with a split of cdrskin source
package.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB