[Debburn-devel] libburn/libburnia (round 2)

Mario Danic mario at libburnia-project.org
Fri Jun 29 18:56:10 UTC 2007

Hey,
> Hello everyone,
>
> and sorry for being so late...
>
> --cut--

No problem at all.

> cdrskin for Debian is team-maintained by me and Eduard Bloch at:
>
> svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/deb-maint/cdrskin
>
> more/new {co-}maintainers are of course welcome, given that Eduard is too busy
> lately, as he said before a month or so.

Currently cdrskin is maintained the wrong way IMHO. It should be built
from libburn source package like it is in Ubuntu right now.

> You mean Blade ( Eduard Bloch ) by typing Sladge, right ?
No. I mean Steve McIntyre. Eduard Bloch would be Zomb aka Blade.

> So, what we are supposed to know about that discussion ? Are there any
> decisions made or directions being given ?
Nothing yet. As soon as we have something, everyone will know.

I did however mention that the Debian cd-recording team will be
created to maintain all cd-recording packages in Debian.

> Hm, I guess we should ask Ganneff first about the posibility to replace
> existing libburn binary and source packages with a split of cdrskin source
> package.
Please have patience, everything will find it's place. We shall not
hurry. We shall be wise, and do it the right way this time.

Kind regards,
Mario