[Debburn-devel] wodim -msinfo fails?

Mike Cornelison mikecorn at arcor.de
Mon Mar 26 19:42:14 UTC 2007

This is my first message to this list and I hope I am not wasting your time.

I want to convert an application from growisofs to wodim + genisoimage.
I am having a problem adding a 2nd session to a DVD ISO file system.

Here is effectively what I am doing:

genisoimage -R -q -print-size  /some/files   >>>  NNN
genisoimage -R /some/files | wodim -multi dev=/dev/dvd -tao tsize=NNNs -

wodim -msinfo dev=/dev/dvd  >>>  0,0
genisoimage -R -q -print-size  /more/files  >>>  NNN
genisoimage -R -C 0,0 -M /dev/dvd /more/files | wodim -multi
dev=/dev/dvd -tao tsize=NNNs -

This runs, but the results on the DVD are invalid.
I think the 2nd session is clobbering the 1st session, as one might
expect from -C 0,0

wodim -msinfo seems to produce 0,0 invariantly.

Am I misunderstanding something or doing something incorrect?

I am using the version of cdrkit 1.1.2 as distributed in Ubuntu 7.04 (beta).

thanks and regards