[Debburn-devel] GnomeBaker/Debian

Martin Kuhnke m.kuhnke at gmx-topmail.de
Thu Nov 1 07:59:31 UTC 2007

GnomeBaker/Debian

I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale
settings)
genisoimage: Missing pathspec.
Usage: genisoimage [options] -o file directory ...

Use genisoimage -help
to get a list of valid options.

Report problems to debburn-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org.

Slimtype COMBO LSC-24082K
Speed: Auto Mode: Auto
Burn the disk on the fly

Only sometimes I can burn CD-RW disk without failure. Mainly at the end
of the burning sequence an error occurs, however the Data seem to be on
the Disk. The generated report with the error during the Writing
Track1/Fixating procedure is different from the one above. The same
thing happens with fixed writing speed 4. Also a blanking of the disk
does not help, again only fast blank works properly. Maybe my CD-RW/DVD
drive is defect. I had similar problems with WindowsXP/Roxio before.
Best Regards
Martin Kuhnke

Other frequently outputed report:
wodim: No write mode specified.
wodim: Asuming -tao mode.
wodim: Future versions of wodim may have different drive dependent
defaults.
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Wodim version: 1.1.2
SCSI buffer size: 64512
Beginning DMA speed test. Set CDR_NODMATEST environment variable if
device
communication breaks or freezes immediately after that.
TOC Type: 3 = CD-ROM XA mode 2
atapi: 1
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'Slimtype'
Identification : 'COMBO LSC-24082K'
Revision       : 'JKE5'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-ROM.
Current: 0x000A (CD-RW)
Profile: 0x0010 (DVD-ROM)
Profile: 0x000A (CD-RW) (current)
Profile: 0x0009 (CD-R)
Profile: 0x0008 (CD-ROM)
Profile: 0x0002 (Removable disk)
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P
RAW/R96R
Drive buf size : 1422080 = 1388 KB
FIFO size      : 12582912 = 12288 KB
Speed set to 706 KB/s
   4 seconds.   3 seconds.   2
seconds.   1 seconds.   0 seconds. Operation
starts.
Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
Performing OPC...
Starting new track at sector: 0
Errno: 0 (Success), write_g1 scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  2A 00 00 00 C3 B0 00 00 1F 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
resid: 63488
cmd finished after 2.385s timeout 40s
wodim: A write error occured.
wodim: Please properly read the error message above.

write track data: error after 102596608 bytes
Writing  time:  188.908s
Average write speed  17.5x.
Min drive buffer fill was 99%
Fixating...