[Debburn-devel] Cant get the encoding to work correctly.

Nic Andrews nicja at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 23:23:52 UTC 2008

Im having problems building an ISO for an operating system I contribute to.

If the system locale is iso8859-1 the filenames on disk are fine, and on the ISO they are fine.

If the system locale is UTF-8 however, on filesystem the names are fine but the ISO shows mangled names.

Adding --output-charset seems to make no difference, and --input charset utf-8 reports "Unknown charset"

What should I do/am i doing wrong?  We need to be able to build an iso8859-1 disc from whatever charset the host system is using..