[Debburn-devel] genisoimage: Either the *.IFO file is bad or you found a genisoimage bug.

Eric P eric.maillist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 02:44:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm getting this error trying to burn a DVD that was dumped using dvdbackup -M

$ growisofs -speed=2 -Z /dev/dvd -dvd-video /mnt/hdb1/video/MY_DISC
Executing 'genisoimage -dvd-video MY_DISC | builtin_dd of=/dev/dvd obs=32k seek=0'
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
The pad was 16 for file VIDEO_TS.VOB
genisoimage: Implementation botch. Video pad for file VTS_01_0.BUP is -16
genisoimage: Either the *.IFO file is bad or you found a genisoimage bug.
:-( write failed: Input/output error

I've used the dvdbackup/growisofs combination countless times before.  However, I've had this problem once before with
genisoimage/mkisofs, and the one thing in common was the DVDs were both clearly created with a stand alone DVD recorder
of some type.

genisoimage 1.1.6-1ubuntu3

Thanks for reading and let me know if I can provide any more details.
Eric P