[Debburn-devel] is it genisoimage buggy?

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sat Mar 28 21:45:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:32:39AM +0100, luca dgh wrote:

>Hi. I was trying to obtain an isoimage from files in a directory, but
>after a million of tries and web pages readed I'm here to write this
>mail.

Hi Luca!

>luca at luca-desktop:~/Escritorio/boda/cd-restaurante$ genisoimage -JR -o mycd.iso -sort boda.lst
>I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
>genisoimage: Missing pathspec.
>Usage: genisoimage [options] -o file directory ...
>
>Use genisoimage -help
>to get a list of valid options.
>
>Report problems to debburn-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org.
>luca at luca-desktop:~/Escritorio/boda/cd-restaurante$
>
>This is what I always obtain and really I can' t understand what genisoimage wants.
>Can you help me?

$ genisoimage -JR -o mycd.iso -sort boda.lst

-J          -> Joliet
-R          -> Rockridge extensions
-o <foo>    -> output to file named <file>
-sort <bar> -> sort filenames using file <bar> to control the sort order

You haven't told genisoimage where the input data is...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,