[Debburn-devel] LG CH08LS10 not burning CDs

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Thu Jan 28 18:42:53 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Also i have read in one forum that switching from ahci to ide in sata
> mode solved it for one drive, cant check on my box as nothing will
> boot if i do.

AHCI ... all this modern fashionable stuff :))
... supported since kernel 2.6.19.
Mine is older.

> All Disks tested where CD-R and DVD-R and DVD-DL in
> TAO. I even tried Nero4 for linux with no luck.

One point in favor of my theory.
CD-R[W] and DVD-R[W] are the vulnerable media.
No burn program can protect them if a process
gets access and performs commands.

"DVD-DL", is that DVD-R DL ?
Quite a rare type. Normal is DVD+R DL.
If you had immediate failures with DVD+R DL then
this would be a blow for my theory.
(Not slow writing or read errors. Just write
failure for no visible reason.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas