[Debburn-devel] Burning corrupted data CDs with wodim

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Thu Jul 29 12:45:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Xfburn TAO 0/3
> Xfburn SAO 3/3 (I guess SAO is the default)
> Where should I go from here ?
> Is it my hardware that does not support TAO ?

I'd say the drive is not behaving in a normal
way. This might indicate drive deterioration or
poor media.

You should next test whether program wodim
burns successfully with option -sao .

> If so then perhaps should I file a bug asking
> brasero to allow SAO as well.

If your wodim tests show similar success as
xfburn SAO, then Brasero should offer it at least
as user option.

Brasero already issues "cdrecord" option tsize=.
So it can use -sao together with input from
any source.
(SAO needs to know the input size in advance,
TAO can start blindly and will end when input
ends.)

Brasero already has a libburn plugin. I am not
aware what write mode it uses by default.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas