[Debburn-devel] wodim initiates the burning process of SATA burners late, currupt and/or burns to PATA burners.

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Thu May 13 07:26:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

>>> I'll try the cdrskin backend.
>> I am curious what it will say.
> It says -
> cdrecord: 2.1.1a78
> Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.

That's Joerg Schilling's original cdrecord,
not cdrskin.

> /usr/bin/cdrecord: Input/output error. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: cmd
> timeout after 0.222 (200) s
> CDB:  2A 00 00 16 8E 00 00 00 10 00
> resid: 31744
> cmd finished after 0.222s timeout 200s

And it still looks as if it is at odds with the
operating system. A timeout after less than a
second is not very plausible.

> Still working fine with xfburn and nero. Too bad we dont have any good
> front ends to cdrskin....otherwise it's the only one which's perfect.

Did you try cdrskin meanwhile ?
(Did i miss the success report ?)

If the cdrecord frontends do not allow you to
choose it as burn program, then try to replace
the cdrecord binary by cdrskin.
E.g. (as superuser)
  # which cdrecord
  /usr/bin/cdrecord
  # which cdrskin
  /usr/local/bin/cdrskin
  # mv /usr/bin/cdrecord /usr/bin/cdrecord,original
  # cp /usr/local/bin/cdrskin /usr/bin/cdrecord

Some frontends work with cdrskin that way.
At least the command
  /usr/bin/cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/sr1 speed=4 -sao
  driveropts=burnfree -data -tsize=2224193s -
should work.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas