[Debburn-devel] wodim initiates the burning process of SATA burners late, currupt and/or burns to PATA burners.

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Fri May 14 05:47:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,

>>> I am curious what it will say.
>> It says -
>> cdrecord: 2.1.1a78
>> Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
>
> That's Joerg Schilling's original cdrecord,
> not cdrskin.

I know, that's what I said.

>> /usr/bin/cdrecord: Input/output error. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: cmd
>> timeout after 0.222 (200) s
>> CDB:  2A 00 00 16 8E 00 00 00 10 00
>> resid: 31744
>> cmd finished after 0.222s timeout 200s
>
> And it still looks as if it is at odds with the
> operating system. A timeout after less than a
> second is not very plausible.

Gentoo?...Ok, I'll try in Ubuntu.

>> Still working fine with xfburn and nero. Too bad we dont have any good
>> front ends to cdrskin....otherwise it's the only one which's perfect.
>
> Did you try cdrskin meanwhile ?
> (Did i miss the success report ?)

xfburn uses cdrskin. But it's not a good frontend. I've an ATI, and
the GUI shows extensive corruption; futhermore it's unstable.

> If the cdrecord frontends do not allow you to
> choose it as burn program, then try to replace
> the cdrecord binary by cdrskin.
> E.g. (as superuser)
>  # which cdrecord
>  /usr/bin/cdrecord
>  # which cdrskin
>  /usr/local/bin/cdrskin
>  # mv /usr/bin/cdrecord /usr/bin/cdrecord,original
>  # cp /usr/local/bin/cdrskin /usr/bin/cdrecord

Yeah, I did try that and it did work with k3b, but are the commandline
options of the 2 identical?

> Some frontends work with cdrskin that way.
> At least the command
>  /usr/bin/cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/sr1 speed=4 -sao
>  driveropts=burnfree -data -tsize=2224193s -
> should work.

Ok, so we're not sure. :(

So finally, I'll try the testing with Ubuntu, and tell the results.