[Debburn-devel] Mid-life-crisis switch to Linux development

Panthera Lionel pantheralionel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 04:26:53 UTC 2012

Greetings this is my first foray into Linux development since student
days i see that there has been a huge improvement to the GUI now that I
settled down to check out Debian after a 5 years hiatus and I want to do
some basic groundwork and while my original intention (motivation) was
to do some scripting to design and implement a DVD player software on
Gnome i found that it is the two issues below that I need to ask to
begin with

1. Should support Questions be sent to this Mailing List as an end user
2. How can I participate in the development and propagation of
genisoimage

Why I ended up here is because I guess my previous moments using Brasero
to extract a Opensuse 11.4 DVD into ISO was buggish and when I entered
the terminal window and did an apropos for the term ISO i found i could
use genisoimage to extract iso images from CDs and DVDs and again i got
stuck when all I knew about CDs and DVDs was related to how to use them
rather than how to process their layer information and filesystem
structures (Joliet ISO9660 and what have we :))

Warm regards

Thanks for the good job with genisoimage

Lionel from Singapore