[Debburn-devel] Possible bug in 4GiB filesize check

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Thu Jun 13 05:50:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

> I think you have to use an explicit --option to get that to kick in.  I'm
> already using --iso-level 3 and it doesn't.

It is promised in the man page but i cannot spot preparations in
the source code.

> > I can offer xorriso's emulation of mkisofs: xorrisofs.

> Thanks, but I intend this product to be multi-platform, so I'll
> just set the limit to 4GiB-2 for now.

Well, xorriso would do 4 GiB - 1 with -iso-level 1 or 2.
It would refuse on 4 GiB or larger then.

But if you need it portably readable on many operating systems,
then you should restrict your files to 2 GiB - 1 which is the
limit for 32-bit filesystem drivers.

> I call growisofs which in turn calls genisoimage.

And you do not get bitten by the BD-R bug at the end of the
burn run ?
  :-[ CLOSE SESSION failed with SK=5h/INVALID FIELD IN CDB]: Input/output error

Have a nice day :)

Thomas