[Debburn-devel] Possible bug in 4GiB filesize check

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Thu Jun 13 11:56:15 UTC 2013

On 06/13/2013 01:50 AM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Well, xorriso would do 4 GiB - 1 with -iso-level 1 or 2. It would
> refuse on 4 GiB or larger then. But if you need it portably readable
> on many operating systems, then you should restrict your files to 2
> GiB - 1 which is the limit for 32-bit filesystem drivers.

Well, it doesn't have to run absolutely *everywhere*, I just want to be
able to pass it around for Linux distros without additional packages.
And I think most 32-bit Linux filesystems these days are using either
64-bit longs for off_t or at least getting to 4GiB-1 by making them
unsigned, as ISO9660 does.
>> I call growisofs which in turn calls genisoimage.
> And you do not get bitten by the BD-R bug at the end of the
> burn run ?
>    :-[ CLOSE SESSION failed with SK=5h/INVALID FIELD IN CDB]: Input/output error

I haven't gotten that far yet :-)  genisoimage is erroring out before it
touches the disk as soon as it sees the 4GiB-1 file in the list.