[dcontrol] Names, code, work

David Moreno Garza damog@damog.net
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:16:22 -0500

Well, apparently everyone on the dcontrol project is now suscribed to
this mailing list. Blame on me if something went wrong :)

Some summary:

Well, I received a request from Martin Zobel-Helas about 15 days ago
telling me to change our last Alioth project's name. As you all should
know, it was called 'dcc', and they have 'pkg-dcc' for something they
are working on, so he asked me for the change of the project's name.
Now, since 'dcontrol' was already taken, I had to take 'debcontrol', but
please, just to let you know, Debian Control Center project will be
named 'dcontrol', because it sounds cool :) The only place where it will
be called 'debcontrol' is on Alioth stuff.

Now, Jens Hermans made a very special and cute summary of dcontrol
plans/brainstorm, but since I'm widely disorganized, I lost the URL, and
I couldn't fetch it from Google. Jens, could you show up that paper?
Could you add it to the wiki?

I have started to check gkdebconf as a starting point for API
implementation on any programming framework, in order to _possibly_ use
it on dcontrol. If I make anything useful, I'll upload it to the CVS.

But before anything, I think Agney, who was talking to me on IRC a few
hours ago, is right: We'll have to start by working a little bit on
basis of engineering software for dcontrol, planning, etc.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 GPG 356E16CD - 84F0 E180 8AF6 E8D0 842F  B520 63F3 08DB 356E 16CD