[dcontrol] Names, code, work

Paranoid paranoid@pcwereld.be
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:29:15 +0200

> Now, Jens Hermans made a very special and cute summary of dcontrol
> plans/brainstorm, but since I'm widely disorganized, I lost the URL, and
> I couldn't fetch it from Google. Jens, could you show up that paper?
> Could you add it to the wiki?

It's available at http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DcontrolDraft

I've also posted it to the docs section on alioth, but seems like an
admin has to approve it or something.

Anyway, for the people to lazy to read the entire doc, i'll summarize
quickly:

- user friendly
- no code mess (not C but <scripting language>)
- multiple UI's (web/gtk/qt/...), how do we solve this? (read doc for
hints/ideas)
-

The document is open to editing, but it's best to mail here first and
summarize briefly what you think and what you have added/changed so
everyone knows when to look at the doc...

imho, the multiple ui thing is one of the first problems we need to
tackle, since any tool we write ourself should not be written 3 times
because webmin/yast/gnomeconfig all need a different gui.