[dcontrol] my suggestion

Paranoid paranoid@pcwereld.be
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:38:47 +0200

I think you might be missing the point of this project. Debconf is a
great tool to ask some easy questions at install time, but when it comes
to changing a configuration setting, it's not that nice at all.

Debconf just asks questions, as a sequence and then stores the result.
If you want to do real configuring of your system you're left with a
bunch of tools from various sources.

So what it is about: make sure everything has a nice and smooth gui that
could replace debconf for 'real' configuring (not taking about
installation here). Weither we write it or someone else does/allready
has, I don't care, as long as it's good and can follow the basic
principles that are in the draft.

About rexx: haven't heard anything about it, not about the language, not
about using it for this project.

Keep tuned to the mailing list, there will be plenty of discussion in
the next weeks, after which the coding will probably start