[Debian-arabic-packages] The future of aspell-ar package

Lior Kaplan kaplan at debian.org
Sat Oct 7 16:50:26 UTC 2006

Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> PS. I'm trying to understand our SVN structure but I'm a bit confused.
> aspell-ar:
> 		trunk: is what we base the deb on ?
yes.

> 		branches/upstream/current: is the current upstream ?
yes.

> But how do keep current pointing to the latest ?
trunk is always the current. when we release we copy the files aside
(tagging the release) and continue to work on trunk.

> And how do we use all this to build debs ?
svn-buildpackage

> Another stupid question: Why do we keep upstream ?
Easier for me. Although we can save only the debian diff is someone insists.

> Sorry for such question but I didn't join a team before.
Don't be shay... (:
I'm here for all questions.

The best would be to read
/usr/share/doc/svn-buildpackage/HOWTO.html/index.html

from the svn-buildpackage package.

--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan at debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0