[Debian-arabic-packages] The future of aspell-ar package

Mohammed Sameer msameer at foolab.org
Sat Oct 7 16:38:51 UTC 2006

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 05:51:58PM +0200, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> Mohammed Sameer wrote:

> >> Saw the changes. Why did you remove the *.alias files ?
> >>

> > Because the package doesn't contain any .alias files
> > dh_install now complains (dh_install: aspell-ar missing files (*.alias), aborting)
> > because of the compatibility level we are using (5).
>
> The contents of the .alias file is very simple.

Yes I know but do we really need an alias file ?

PS. I'm trying to understand our SVN structure but I'm a bit confused.
aspell-ar:
		trunk: is what we base the deb on ?
		branches/upstream/current: is the current upstream ?
But how do keep current pointing to the latest ?
And how do we use all this to build debs ?
Another stupid question: Why do we keep upstream ?

Sorry for such question but I didn't join a team before.

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Member.