[Debian-arabic-packages] The future of aspell-ar package

Mohammed Sameer msameer at foolab.org
Tue Oct 10 02:46:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 11:49:02PM +0200, Lior Kaplan wrote:

> >> I thought the same, and was wrong. See #389644.
> >>
> >> Notice the versions of our packages:
> >> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Debian+Arabic
> >
> > I think I'm missing something.
> > dpkg-buildpkg insists on building a native package because of the dash "-"
> >
> > Here's the debian subdir
> > http://home.foolab.org/files/aspell-ar-large-debian.tgz
> >
> > Maybe I did something wrong ??
>
> Your debian/ works just fine. I didn't reviewed the package itself, but
> I can build a package with it.
>
> So where is the problem? I guess it lays in the name of your orig.tar.gz
> file. Your upstream dir should be named "aspell-ar-large-1.2-0" and
> aspell-ar-large_1.2-0.orig.tar.gz and the upstream source (which is
> actually just a repack of the files from aspell's site).

You are right! How did I miss that!
It was the .orig file.

> Let me know when you think the package is ready for review, and I'll
> guide you how to load it to the subverion.

So it's ready now I guess.
I'll start reading the svn-buildpackage documentation but I'd also appreciate tips!

I've also made the package Conflicts: aspell-ar
I guess we have to do the same for aspell-ar (Conflicts: aspell-ar-large) ?

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Member.