[Debian-arabic-packages] The future of aspell-ar package

Lior Kaplan kaplan at debian.org
Fri Oct 20 12:15:00 UTC 2006

Mohammed Sameer wrote:
>>> I've also made the package Conflicts: aspell-ar
>>> I guess we have to do the same for aspell-ar (Conflicts: aspell-ar-large) ?
>> We should think if they really conflict - I think they don't. It might
>> need a few files to be renamed to support this.
>
> I've renamed every *ar* to *ar-large* and every file containing ar to ar-large
> I'm not really sure how people do these things. I'll check the other packages/

Please notice that you must install the files in a different name to the
package (ar-large), but can't touch the name of the files from the
orig.tar.gz since this will generate build problems.

> Now you have to run aspell -d ar-large -a (I don't think this is correct?)
>
> The question is: Do you think that someone will install both packages and use them ?

I have no idea, and my guess is good as yours. You can mail
debian-l10n-arabic and maybe someone will tell you what he thinks.

--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan at debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0