[Debian-arabic-packages] The future of aspell-ar package

Mohammed Sameer msameer at foolab.org
Mon Oct 16 23:17:20 UTC 2006

Sorry for the delay.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 07:28:45AM +0200, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> Mohammed Sameer wrote:

> >> Your debian/ works just fine. I didn't reviewed the package itself, but
> >> I can build a package with it.
> >>
> >> So where is the problem? I guess it lays in the name of your orig.tar.gz
> >> file. Your upstream dir should be named "aspell-ar-large-1.2-0" and
> >> aspell-ar-large_1.2-0.orig.tar.gz and the upstream source (which is
> >> actually just a repack of the files from aspell's site).
> >
> > You are right! How did I miss that!
> > It was the .orig file.
>
> Could you upload it somewhere and I'll look at it?
>
> >> Let me know when you think the package is ready for review, and I'll
> >> guide you how to load it to the subverion.
> >
> > So it's ready now I guess.
> > I'll start reading the svn-buildpackage documentation but I'd also appreciate tips!
>
> Please don't do anything on your own. I don't mean to do it by myself,
> just want to check you'll issue the right command for the subversion.
>
> > I've also made the package Conflicts: aspell-ar
> > I guess we have to do the same for aspell-ar (Conflicts: aspell-ar-large) ?
>
> We should think if they really conflict - I think they don't. It might
> need a few files to be renamed to support this.

I've renamed every *ar* to *ar-large* and every file containing ar to ar-large
I'm not really sure how people do these things. I'll check the other packages/

Now you have to run aspell -d ar-large -a (I don't think this is correct?)

The question is: Do you think that someone will install both packages and use them ?

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Member.