[Debian-arabic-packages] SVN Package Addition: jalali-calendar

Mohammed Sameer msameer at foolab.org
Fri Mar 23 21:00:29 CET 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 08:04:44AM -0000, Alan Baghumian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > * Are you sure you need to depend on  python-gtk2 (>= 2.10.0)
> > python-glade2 (>= 2.10.0) ?
> >   These are available only in experimental. I passed -d to
> > dpkg-buildpackage and it was built fine.
>
> If you see the latest control file in the svn, you'll see:
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), make (>= 3.8). Also see here:
> http://code.google.com/p/jalali-calendar/

Which control file in which svn ?

> > * You've modified the Makefile, calendar.py, holiday.py and utility.py
> >   I guess you should create patches and apply them during the "build" time
> > ?
>
> Changes was only to add following lines to the heads:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
> #
>
> To fix Lintian warnings. I don't think that we need patch for these small
> changes.

I thought it'd make your life easier when you update the package to a newer version ? ;-)
I'm not also sure about the police. Can someone else look into this please ?

> > * The .orig.tar md5sum isn't the same as the upstream .tar (Probably
> > because of the modifications above).
>
> That's natural. Get a package, extract it and compress it again. You'll
> find our that md5sums is not the same. dh_make creates the orig.tar.gz
> file.

What I usually do is to rename the upstream tarball instead of repackaging.

> > * Did you inspect the contents of the resulting deb ( dpkg -c
> > jalali-calendar_1.6-1_i386.deb) ? ;-)
>
> I can't see anything wrong with it. Is there sny problem?

dpkg -c jalali-calendar_1.6-1_i386.deb  |grep bin
drwxr-xr-x root/root         0 2007-03-21 22:52 ./usr/bin/
drwxr-xr-x root/root         0 2007-03-21 22:52 ./usr/sbin/

I couldn't find anything there ?
I didn't really check the build system. I'll do that tomorrow and see.

Cheers,

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Member.