[Debian-coldfire-devel] Booting?

Wouter Verhelst wouter at debian.org
Wed Mar 22 09:03:49 UTC 2006

So, yesterday I finally received my board, too, so we should all have
them now.

I've been trying yesterday to boot the thing, but have thus far been
unsuccessful. Getting the .iso from the Freescale website was fun (took
me five attempts to get it), downloading colilo to the device was easy,
getting colilo to download a kernel over TFTP and boot it wasn't all
that hard either.

However, getting a working system seems to be a different matter. I've
done

colilo> tftp 0x1000
colilo> set cl console=ttyS0,19200n8 root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.119.2:/home/wouter/debian/m68k/cf/ ip=192.168.119.20
colilo> g 0x2000

Then lots of interesting things happen, except that the kernel is not,
in fact, spewing output at 19200bps to the serial console--which makes
it kinda hard to figure out what's going wrong (it also doesn't find its
nfs root).

Any hints? Anyone with a clue as to what the real speed is the console
is using?

--
Fun will now commence