[Debian-eeepc-devel] asus acpi

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Sat Dec 29 00:05:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 08:22:14PM -0700, Phil White wrote:
> After compiling the module doesnt want to load, the error "no such
> device" is presented by modprobe and insmod. Is there anything you
> guys did, all i changed was the makefile to point to the
> headers. btw do you all use the madwifi drivers for wifi or
> ndiswrapper because patched madwifi seems to work well.

I compiled the ASUS source on my desktop machine, then copied
asus_acpi.ko to the Eee and replaced the one in /lib/modules/...  Then
ran "depmod -a" and modprobe'd it and it worked fine. I see this in
the log when the module is inserted:
    Asus EEEPC HOTKEY
    [eeepc hotk] Hotkey init flags 0x41.
    [eeepc hotk] Get control methods supported : 0x101711

I am also using the patched madwifi driver.  I installed the
madwifi-source package, then untarred, patched, and retarred the
/usr/src/madwifi.tar.bz2 file, so I could use module-assistant to
produce a .deb for the driver.