[Debian-eeepc-devel] support of 1680 * 1050 resolution over VGA of EeePC 701 4G under Debian

Fabio Pugliese Ornellas fabio.ornellas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:23:57 UTC 2008

That "Virtual" setting on the xorg file is essential, as the Intel driver
has a known bug / limitation on that matter. I read the if you use a Virtual
size bigger than a certain value (which I don't remember), 3D won't work.
The legend tells that Intel will fix that on the driver some day...

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html

               *# This optional entry specifies the virtual screen
resolution to be used.*

*                # If this entry is not present, the virtual screen
resolution will be set to *

*                # accommodate all the valid video modes given in the Modes
entry.*
*                # There is a known issue that DRI doesn't work on pre-965
if maximum is larger than 2048x2048.*

[]'s

----
Fabio Pugliese Ornellas