[Debian-eeepc-devel] support of 1680 * 1050 resolution over VGA of EeePC 701 4G under Debian

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 8 01:32:09 UTC 2008

Dear readers,

thanks for all the answers.

Am Dienstag, den 05.08.2008, 12:07 -0300 schrieb Ben Armstrong:
> On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 16:47:40 +0200
> Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > 1. Is somebody on this list successfully using this resolution?
>
> yes.  it should 'just work'.

Well, it did not work today, when I tried it with an ASUS VW222S.
Sometimes the screen was just black, sometimes blue, and first trying it
the GDM login screen was made out of horizontal stripes.

> > 2. What BIOS version is running?
>
> i got an original model in nov. 2007.  can't remember.  i've never
> updated it.

I got this EeePC last week and I could read in the BIOS Setup the
following.

ASUS 701 ACPI BIOS Revision 0910
Core Version: 0910
Build Date: 03/03/08
EC Firmware Version :EPC-079

> > 3. Do you think that there might be a difference between Xandros and
> > Debian?
>
> likely

It looks like it depends on the BIOS and the speed of the processor, as
written in the reference [1] in my first post.

> > (4. On a side note: Would you think, this is a driver issue, because if
> > the resolution is demanded, then the CPU should definitely give that
> > much power, in my opinion.)
>
> possibly

Where could this bug(?) be reported?

Thanks,