[Debian-eeepc-devel] package for eeepc-linux for overclocking

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 8 01:22:54 UTC 2008

Dear readers,

unfortunately Murphy’s law was true today and the EeePC 701 4G I own
does not support a resolution of 1680 * 1050 [1] and is probably running
in “powersaving mode”. Some questions.

1. How can I verify in what mode it is running?

2. There is a Linux kernel module called eeepc-linux [2] which can
change the FSB.

a) Does somebody use it? Also with linux-image-2.6.26-1-686?
b) If yes, can she/he provide a deb-package?
c) If yes, could this package for different Linux kernel versions
(2.6.25, 2.6.26) be made available by eeepc.debian.net?

3. Does somebody have a script which if power by the AC adapter is used
switches to 900 MHz and when it is on battery to 630 MHz? (In my case
this would be useful since when it is on AC probably the 22" monitor is
connected.)

Thanks a lot,

Paul

[1] http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=333650