[Debian-eeepc-devel] package for eeepc-linux for overclocking

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Aug 8 10:50:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 11:36:02 +0200
Davide Cavalca <davide125 at tiscali.it> wrote:
> There's also a cpufreq driver available at
> http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=33115
> but I was unable to make it work on my lenny system. Maybe the two could
> be combined somehow?

While interesting, and I encourage users interested in such things to
lend their support upstream however they can, testing new releases and
filing bugs, until these things are accepted in the kernel, they won't
be supported by debian-eeepc.  See our goal in "About us":

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/

"We follow the CustomDebian approach, ensuring Debian meets the needs of
a subset of Debian users: in this case, Eee PC users. We make Debian
itself run on your Eee, not a fork."

So far, the only reason atl2 and atl1e were packaged separately is
because we had an assurance it was being worked on to go into the
kernel.  Same thing with madwifi-eeepc-source -- this was an interim
workaround for madwifi-source in non-free not yet supporting the Eee
(which has since been fixed).

If overclocking and fan control are not suitable to include in the
kernel, I have to wonder why not.  I have asked more than once on irc
several people who are interested whether they would take charge of
this and see if we can get some answers, but nobody has risen to the
challenge yet.

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org