[Debian-eeepc-devel] UPX

Fabio Pugliese Ornellas fabio.ornellas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 02:31:01 UTC 2008

Sort off-topic, but related. I found this
http://upx.sourceforge.net/
tool today, which promises great binary compression and very fast
decompression (very small slow down at startup). It would be particularly
interesting to EEE series, due to small HD sizes. Has anyone here played
with it? If it works, presumably, we can free a lot of disk space for better
use.

I immagine it could be added as a hook after a package install with APT to
auto compress binaries.

What do you guys think, shoud I at least give it a try?

[]'s

----
Fabio Pugliese Ornellas
E-Mail: fabio.ornellas at gmail.com