[Debian-eeepc-devel] UPX

Fabio Pugliese Ornellas fabio.ornellas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 12:44:23 UTC 2008

I am no lawyer or license expert... That would be to be answered by some
other more competent person on the area.

I found that I have about 300M of binaries on my system, with a 30% compress
ratio, this would mean freeing about 200M of disk space. The upx won't apply
to Linux shared libraries (although it should work for Windows DLLs...), so
it won't free much more space. In my case (900 mdoel) this is a 1% space
gain, which won't justify the means. Perhaps would apply better for earlier
models, someone should give it a try (at least an estimative).

----
Fabio Pugliese Ornellas
E-Mail: fabio.ornellas at gmail.com
gTalk: fabio.ornellas at gmail.com