[Debian-eeepc-devel] Gathering information on getting support for 1650 * 1050 resolution

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Mon Aug 18 18:01:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 11:30 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Could you please send me either the output or the files.
>
> 1. cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor          900MHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 630.079
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx up bts
bogomips        : 1262.13
clflush size    : 64
power management:

> 2. The version of the BIOS. (Press F2 on start up or use dmidecode.)

BIOS revision 0801. There's also something called EC firmware, at
version 701_073.

> 3. If you use a 22 inch monitor over VGA at a resolution of 1680 * 1050,
> then please attach …
>
> a) dpkg -l xserver-xorg-video-intel

2:2.4.0-1

> b) dpkg -l xserver-xorg-core

2:1.4.99.906-1

> c) the manufacturer and model number of your monitor,

Samsung SyncMaster 206BW.

> d) your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
> e) your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and

Attached.

> f) what command or front end you are using to switch (xrandr).

grandr

> 4. More ideas, suggestions, …?

If the above information doesn't help you, try contacting the intel
driver developers directly, either by filing a bug report at
https://bugs.freedesktop.org or asking on the xorg mailing list
<xorg at lists.freedesktop.org>.

I guess you could contact Asus also, but I haven't had much success
getting help from their service drones.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson