[Debian-eeepc-devel] wireless and thermal nocrt=1 not working for eeepc 900/2.6.26

obregonmateo at gmail.com obregonmateo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 17:49:01 UTC 2008

On Sunday 31 August 2008, Eric Cooper wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 01:51:35PM +0100, obregonmateo at gmail.com wrote:
> > 2. I have follow previous recommendations on this list and added the
> >    "options thermal nocrt=1" line to modprobe.d/local and still my
> >    machines turns off with critical 144c temp reached at bootup
> >    without adapter. What am I missing?
>
> You may need to follow that with "update-initramfs -u"

Thank you, this worked. Now I see the ath0 wireless, and while there are
regular "Critical strip point" messages on the console, it does not shut
down.

However, when I leave single user mode and start the kdm, the eeepc shuts
down.

I guess I will have to work with the machine plugged in until the 2.6.26
thermal issues are worded out.