[Debian-eeepc-devel] wireless and thermal nocrt=1 not working for eeepc 900/2.6.26

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Aug 31 19:29:02 UTC 2008

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:49:01 +0100
obregonmateo at gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you, this worked. Now I see the ath0 wireless, and while there are
> regular "Critical strip point" messages on the console, it does not shut
> down.

It sounds like you didn't actually apply the workaround correctly.
After I did this, those messages ceased.

Paste your /etc/modprobe.d/local here so we can confirm it is correct.

Also, unpack the 2.6.26-1-686 initial ramdisk:

mkdir initrd
cd initrd
zcat /boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-1-686 | cpio -i

Verify it contains an identical copy of /etc/modprobe.d/local:

diff etc/modprobe.d/thermal /etc/modprobe.d/thermal